Monday, June 4, 2012

Post Op

After three long weeks of waiting, I finally went to my post op appointment with the RE. This is the appointment where they look at your scars, decide if you are healing properly, and then discuss the next steps.

I've been dreading but eagerly wanting to get this appointment over with since the surgery.  After another 2 hour drive I finally got it over with.  Here it is, the stats I've been trying to compute myself since getting my diagnosis:

The Good News:
  • As expected, I'm healing beautifully. My incisions are looking good and there was no infection.
  • It is still possible that I will one day be pregnant. This is not out of the question.

The Bad News:
  • I have a 1-3% chance of getting pregnant naturally.
  • I have a 8-10% chance of getting pregnant through intrauterine insemination (IUI) combined with drugs to improve ovulation.
  • I have a 65-70% chance of getting pregnant through in vitro fertilization (IVF).
  • Oh, and by the way, I have about 6 months to make a decision as the stats will then get lower as my endo starts growing back which is more likely to happen 6 months post-surgery.

Wow, this shit just got real.

No comments:

Post a Comment